Department of Economics
Articles in journals
- Tavneet Suri, William Jack and Thomas Stoker. "Documenting the birth of a financial economy." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2012).
- James Habyarimana and William Jack. "Heckle and Chide: Results of a randomized road safety intervention in Kenya." Journal of Public Economics (2011).
- William Jack, Tavneet Suri, and Robert Townsend. "Monetary theory and mobile banking: Lessons from the Kenyan experience." Economic Quarterly 96.1 (2010): 83-122.
- Richard Lester, et al.. "Effects of a mobile phone short message service on antiretroviral treatment adherence in Kenya (WelTel Kenya1): a randomised trial." The Lancet (2010).
- Kara Hanson and WIlliam Jack. "Balancing financial and other incentives for rural health workers in Ethiopia." Health Affairs (2009).
- William Jack. "Conditioning aid on social expenditures." Economics and Politics (2008).
- Shanta Devarajan and William Jack. "Protecting the vulnerable: the trade-off between risk reduction and public insurance." World Bank Economic Review (2006).
- William Jack, Arik Levinson, Sjamsu Rahardja. "Employee cost-sharing and the welfare effects of Flexible Spending Accounts." Journal of Public Economics (2006).
- William Jack and Roger Lagunoff. "Social conflict and gradual political succession: An illustrative model." Scandinavian Journal of Economics (2006).
- William Jack. "Optimal risk adjustment in a model with adverse selection and spatial competition." Journal of Health Economics (2006).
- William Jack and Roger Lagunoff. "Dynamic enfranchisement." Journal of Public Economics (2006).
- William Jack. "Comparing the distortionary effects of alternative in-kind intergovernmental transfers." Public Finance Review (2005).
- William Jack and Jean O. Lanjouw. "Pharmaceutical Innovation: How Much Should Poor Countries Contribute?." World Bank Economic Review (2005).
- William Jack. "Purchasing health care services from providers with unknown altruism." Journal of Health Economics (2005).
- William Jack. "The organization of public service provision." Journal of Public Economic Theory (2004).
Articles in books
- William Jack. "The promise of health: Evidence of the impact of health on income and well-being." The Oxford handbook of health economics. Ed. Sherry Glied and Peter Smith. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- William Jack and Maureen Lewis. "Health investments and economic growth: Macroeconomic evidence and microeconomic foundations." Health and Growth. Ed. Michael Spence and Maureen Lewis. Washington DC: World Bank, 2009.
Articles in conference proceedings
- Jessica Vistnes, William Jack, Arik Levinson. "Tax subsidies for out of pocket health care costs." Using taxes to reform health insurance. Ed. Henry J. Aaron and Leonard E. Burman. Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, 2008.