Samantha N Pinto
(On leave Fall 2015)
Department of English
- Samantha Pinto. Difficult Diasporas: The Transnational Feminist Aesthetic of the Black Atlantic. New York City, NY: NYU Press, 2013.
Articles in journals
- Samantha Pinto. "The Caine Prize and the Impossibility of ’New’ African Writing." JCPS (2013).
- Samantha Pinto. "The World & the Jar: Jackie Kay and the Feminist Futures of the Black Diaspora." Atlantic Studies 7.3 (2010): 263-284.
- Samantha Pinto. "’Why must all girls want to be flag women?’: Postcolonial Sexualities, National Reception, and Caribbean Soca Performance." Meridians 10.1 (2009): 137-163.
Articles in books
- Samantha Pinto. "Asymmetrical Possessions: Zora Neale Hurston’s Fictions of Black Modernity." Afromodernisms: Paris, Harlem, Haiti and the Avant-garde. Ed. Fionnghuala Sweeney and Kate Marsh. Edinburgh and New York City: Edinburgh University Press and Columbia University Press, 2013: 126-143