Jean M Mitchell
McCourt School of Public Policy
Articles in journals
- Jean M. Mitchell and Kathleen Carey. "A Comparison of Ambulatory Surgery Center Production Costs and Medicare Payments: Evidence on Colonoscopy and Endoscopy." Medical Care 54.2 (2016): 126-132.
- Jean M. Mitchell, James D. Reschovsky and E. Anne Reicherter. "Use of Physical Therapy Following Total Replacement: Implication of Orthopedic Surgeons’ Ownership of Physical Therapy Services." Health Services Research 51.5 (2016): 1838-1857.
- Jean M. Mitchell, James D. Reschovsky, Luisa franzini and E. Anne Reicherter. "Physician Self-referral of Physical Therapy Services for Patients with Low-Back Pain: Implications for Use, Types of Treatments Received and Expenditures." Forum for Health Economics and Policy (2015).
- Jean M. Mitchell and Elizabeth A. Conklin. "Factors Affecting Receipt of Expensive Cancer Treatments and Mortality: Evidence from Stem Cell Transplantation for Leukemia and Lymphoma." Health Services Research 50.1 (2015): 197-216.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Urologists’ Use of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer." New England Journal of Medicine 369.17 (2013): 1629-1637.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Urologists’ Self-Referral for Pathology of biopsy Specimens Linked to Increased Utilization and Lower Prostate Cancer Detection." Health Affairs 145.8 (2012): 732-738.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Linkages between Utilization of Prostate Surgical Pathology Services and Physician Self-referral." Medicare and Medicaid Research Review 2.3 (2012): E1-E8.
- Jean M. Mitchell. ""Does Physician Ownership of Either Specialty Hospitals or Ambulatory Surgery Centers Influence Frequency of Use for Outpatient Orthopedic Surgery?"." Archives of Surgery 145.8 (2010): 732-738.
- Jean M. Mitchell and R. Robert LaGalia. "’Controlling the Escalating Use of Advanced Imaging: The Role of Radiology Benefit Management Programs’." Medical Care Research and Review 66.33 (2009): 339-352.
- Jean M. Mitchell and Darrell J. Gaskin. "Receipt of Preventive Dental Care among Special Needs Children Enrolled in Medicaid: A Crisis in Need of Attention." Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law 33.5 (2008): 883-906.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Do Financial Incentives Linked to Ownership of Specialty Hospitals Affect Physicians’ Practice Patterns?." Medical Care 45.7 (2008): 732-737.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Utilization Trends for Adavnced Imaging: Evidence from Individuals with Private Insurance in California." Medical Care 46.4 (2008).
- Jean M. Mitchell, Darrell J. Gaskin and Chahira Kozma. "Health Supervision Visits among SSI-Eligible Children Enrolled in the DC Medicaid Program: A Comparison of Enrollees in Fee-for-Service and Partially Capitated Managed Care." Inquiry 45.2 (2008): 198-214.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "Utilization Changes Following Market Entry by Physician-Owned Specialty Hospitals." Medical Care Research and Review 64.4 (2007): 395-415.
- Jean M. Mitchell. "The Prevalence of Physician Self-Referral Arrangements after Stark II: Evidence from Advanced Diagnostic Imaging." Health Affiars (2007): W415-424.
- Cynthia R. Schuster, Jean M. Mitchell, and Darrell J.. "Partially Capitated Managed Care versus Fee-for-Service for Special Needs Children: Does Care Coordination Available Under Managed Care Matter?." Health Care Financing Review 28.4 (2007): 109-123.