Charles E King
Faculty - SFS
By appointment. Please email for a meeting time.
Charles King is Professor of International Affairs and Government at Georgetown University, where he previously served as chairman of the faculty of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. He is the author of five books on European history and politics, including Odessa: Genius and Death in a City of Dreams (W. W. Norton, 2011), which received the National Jewish Book Award; The Ghost of Freedom: A History of the Caucasus (Oxford University Press, 2008); and The Black Sea: A History (Oxford University Press, 2004). A native of the Ozark hill country, King studied history and politics at the University of Arkansas and Oxford University, where he was a Marshall Scholar.
- DPhil (1995) Oxford University, Politics
- MPhil (1992) Oxford University, Russian and East European Studies
- BA (1990) University of Arkansas, History, Philosophy
- Romanian (speak, read, write)
- Russian (speak, read, write)