Carol Christine Fair
Faculty - SFS
- C. Christine Fair . The Madrassah Challenge: Militancy and Religious Education in Pakistan. Washington D.C.: USIP, 2009.
Articles in journals
- C. Christine Fair. "Students Islamic Movement of India and the Indian Mujahideen: An Assessment." Asia Policy 9 (2010): 101-119.
- C. Christine Fair. "Clear, Build, Hold, Transfer: Can Obama’s Afghan Strategy Work." Asian Affairs: An American Review 37.3 (2010): 113-131.
- C. Christine Fair, Neil Malhotra, Jacob N. Shapiro. "Islam, Militancy, and Politics in Pakistan: Insights From a National Sample"." Terrorism and Political Violence 22.4 (2010): 495-521.
- C. Christine Fair, Jacob N. Shapiro. ""Why Support Islamist Militancy? Evidence from Pakistan" ." International Security 34.3 (2009): 79-118.
- C. Christine Fair. "Pakistan’s Own War on Terror: What the Pakistani Public Thinks." Journal of International Affairs 63.1 (2009): 39-55.
- C. Christine Fair and Seth G. Jones. "Pakistan’s War Within." Survival 51.6 (2009): 161-188.
Articles in books
- C. Christine Fair . "Insurgency, Instability, and the Security of Afghanistan." Handbook of Asian Security Studies . Ed. Sumit Ganguly, Andrew Scobell and Joseph Chinyong Liow . London: Routledge, 2010.
- C. Christine Fair . "Indo-Iranian Relations-What Prospects for Transformation?." India’s Foreign Policy: Retrospect and Pros. Ed. Sumit Ganguly. New Delhi: OUP, 2010.
- C. Christine Fair. "Speaking of Pakistan: The U.S. and India must take steps to deepen their cooperation against South Asian terrorism." Wall Street Journal Asia 23 Nov. 2009: .
- C. Christine Fair. "Pakistan’s Partial War on Terror." Wall Street Journal Asia 23 Nov. 2009: .
- C. Christine Fair. "Policing Pakistan: The army isn’t well equipped to fight the insurgency." Wall Street Journal Asia 30 Jun. 2009: .
- C. Christine Fair. "A Better Bargain for Aid to Pakistan." The Washington Post 30 May. 2009: .
- Ali Riaz and C. Christine Fair , ed. Political Islam and Governance in Bangladesh. London: Routledge, 2010.
- C. Christine Fair and Sumit Ganguly, ed. Treading Softly: Counter Insurgency Operations on Sacred Space. New York: OUP, 2008.
- “U.S. Aid to Pakistan: Planning and Accountability,” C. Christine Fair, Testimony presented before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs on December 9, 2004..
- “The U.S. Strategy in Afghanistan: Impacts upon U.S. Interests in Pakistan,” C. Christine Fair, Testimony presented before the House Armed Services Committee, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations on November 5, 2009. .
- “The Afghan Elections: Who Lost What?” C. Christine Fair, Testimony presented before the United States House of Representatives, Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia on October 1, 2009..