Adel T. Iskandar
In the news
"Well, I think it's important to note that 20 percent of the population in Egypt has access to the Internet, which is a slim number, if you think about it. How many of those have access to Facebook? How many of them are prepared to use it for a political -- for a political means?"
Adel Iskandar, adjunct instructor in the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, on the use of the Internet in the recent Egyptian protests.Social Media and Satellite TV: A One-Two Punch Against Mubarak February 14, 2011, PBS Newshour
- Egypt Defies All February 14, 2011, The Huffington Post
- How Events In Egypt Are Playing Out Online February 10, 2011, NPR
- The Role Of New And Old Media In Egypt January 28, 2011, NPR
- Mubarak Returns to a Changing Egypt March 29, 2010, AOL News
- African Nations Cup: Egypt Win Over Algeria Sends National Pride Soaring January 29, 2010, The Christian Science Monitor
- Dec 9, 10am-11am: Thesis Presentation: Jacqueline Beilhart
- Dec 9, 11am-12pm: Thesis Presentation: Camille Koué
- Dec 9, 11am-12pm: Thesis Presentation: Samhir Vasdev
- Dec 9, 5:30pm: CCT Geneva Summer Program 2014 Info Session
Subscribe to Events:
Subscribe to Conferences:
Visit gnovis, Georgetown University's Journal of Communication, Culture & Technology.