Adel T. Iskandar
In the news
"Well, I think it's important to note that 20 percent of the population in Egypt has access to the Internet, which is a slim number, if you think about it. How many of those have access to Facebook? How many of them are prepared to use it for a political -- for a political means?"
Adel Iskandar, adjunct instructor in the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, on the use of the Internet in the recent Egyptian protests.Social Media and Satellite TV: A One-Two Punch Against Mubarak February 14, 2011, PBS Newshour
- Egypt Defies All February 14, 2011, The Huffington Post
- How Events In Egypt Are Playing Out Online February 10, 2011, NPR
- The Role Of New And Old Media In Egypt January 28, 2011, NPR
- Mubarak Returns to a Changing Egypt March 29, 2010, AOL News
- Apr 1, 12pm-1pm: Thesis Presentation: Sara Levine
- Apr 1, 7pm-8pm: Thesis Presentation: Lucas Regner
- Apr 4, 1pm-2pm: Thesis Presentation: Stevie Chancellor
- Apr 12, 10am-4pm: CCT Accepted Student Open House
- Apr 15, 12pm-1pm: Thesis Presentation: Uwa Oduwa
Subscribe to Events:
Subscribe to Conferences:
Visit gnovis, Georgetown University's Journal of Communication, Culture & Technology.