Zhenghong (Alex) Fu
GUMC Adjunct -- Associate Professor
Dr. Fu's research areas include comparative effectiveness and cost-effectiveness research of anti-cancer agents, medical decision making, and health economic evaluation. He enjoys applying as well as improving the cutting-edge research methodologies in order to identifying the empirical evidence of health services in the cancer research field. The core focus of his work is to investigate which treatments work best, for whom, under what circumstances, and with greatest cost-effectiveness. The results can assist consumers, clinicians, purchasers, and policy makers to make more informed decisions about cancer care at both individual and population levels.
- Comparative Effectiveness Study of Hormonal Therapy in Advanced Prostate Cancer (2014-2018)
- Patient preference and treatment decision-making for advanced colorectal cancer (2013-2015)
- Optimizing Personalized Care Using Economic Studies of Genomic Testing (2013-2018)
- Outcomes of prostate cancer androgen deprivation therapy (2010-2013)
- Improving urinary continence and quality of life in prostate cancer patients (2009-2012)