Vanessa L Sheppard
Assistant Director for Health Disparities Research
Vanessa Sheppard, Ph. D, is an Associate Professor, Department of Oncology, Breast Cancer Program, At Georgetown University Washington DC. She has received her Ph. D in health ser. Res Comm. Health. She conducts research to focus on understanding and improving access to adherence of medical therapies and support shown to benefit patients and breast cancer survivors. Dr Sheppard received her doctoral degree in Epidemiology Health Ser. Res. From Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk,VA. She has also received her Fellowship in Health services Research from Association of American Medical Colleges. Dr Sheppard has conducted many researches and has received many honors.
- Fellowship (2002) Association of American Medical Colleges, Health Services Research
- Post-Doctoral (1999) Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, Epidemiology Health Srv. Res
- Ph. D (1997) Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, Health Ser. Res. Comm. Health
- M.A. (1990) Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, Urban Ser/Sociology
- B.A. (1988) James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, PoliSci/Pub Administration