Judith E Tucker
Professor of History
Department of History
- Judith E. Tucker. Women, Family, and Gender in Islamic Law. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Margaret Meriwether and Judith E. Tucker. A Social History of Women and the Family in the Middle East. Boulder, Colarado: Westview Press, 1999.
- Guity Nashat and Judith E. Tucker. Women in the Middle East and North Africa. Restoring Women to History. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press, 1999.
- Judith E. Tucker. In the House of the Law: Gender and Islamic Law in Ottoman Syria and Palestine,. Berkeley, California: University of California Press, 1998.
- Judith E. Tucker. Arab Women: Old Boundaries, New Frontiers. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press, 1993.
- Judith E. Tucker. Women in Nineteenth Century Egypt. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985.
Articles in journals
- Judith E. Tucker. "Dowering Elite Palestinian Women." Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal 4 (2009).
- Judith E. Tucker. "Cynthia Nelson, Doria Shafiq, and the Power of the Empathetic Pen." Cairo Papers in Social Science 28.2 (2007).
- Judith E. Tucker. "Legacies of Legal Reform: Muftis, the State, and Gendered Law in the Arab Lands in the Late Ottoman Empire." New Perspectives on Turkey 24.sp (2001).
Articles in books
- Judith E. Tucker. " Telling Tales: Women in the Early Modern Arab World." Attending to Early Modern Women – And Men. Ed. Amy E. Leonard and Karen Nelson. Delaware: University of Delaware Press, 2010.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Questions of Consent: Contracting a Marriage in Ottoman Syria and Palestine." The Islamic Marriage Contract: Case Studies in Islamic Family Law. Ed. Frank Vogel and Asifa Quraishi. Cambridge: Harvard Univrsity Press, 2008.
- Judith E. Tucker. "And God Knows Best’: Fatawa as a Source for the History of Gender in the Arab World." Beyond the Exotic: Women’s Histories in Islamic Societies. Ed. Amira Sonbol. Syracuse: Syracuse University Press, 2005.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Rescued from Obscurity: Contributions and Challenges in Writing the History of Gender in the Middle East and North Africa." A Companion to Gender History. Ed. Teresa Meade and Merry Wiesner-Hanks. London: Blackwell, 2004.
- Judith E. Tucker. "The Family and Social Trends, the Islamic World 622-1500." World Eras: The Rise and Spread of Islam (622-1500). Ed. Susan Douglass. : Manley, 2002.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Biography as History: the Exemplary Life of Khayr al-Din al-Ramli." Auto/Biography and the Construction of Identity in the Middle East. Ed. Mary Ann Fay. New York: Palgrave, 2002.
- Judith E. Tucker. "The Fullness of Affection: Mothering in the Islamic Law of Ottoman Syria and Palestine." Women in the Early Modern Middle East: Women in the Ottoman Lands, 1650-1850. Ed. Madeline Zilfi. Leiden: Brill, 1997.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Gender and Islamic History." Themes in Islamic and European Expansion. Ed. Michael Adas. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1993.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Decline of the Family Economy in Mid-Nineteenth Century Egypt." The Modern Middle East. Ed. Albert Hourani et al. Berkeley, California: University of California Press, 1993.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Ties that Bound: Women and Family in Late Eighteenth and Early Nineteenth Century Nablus." Shifting Boundaries: Women in Middle Eastern History and Theory. Ed. Beth Baron and Nikki Keddie. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1991.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Taming the West: Trends in the Writing of Modern Arab Social History in Anglophone Academia." Theory, Politics, and the Arab World: Critical Responses. Ed. Hisham Sharabi. New York: Routledge, 1990.
- Judith E. Tucker. "Middle East Studies in the United States: the Coming Decade." The Next Arab Decade. Ed. Hisham Sharabi. : Croom Helm, 1988.