George E Shambaugh
Faculty - SFS
- George Shambaugh & Andrew Bennett. Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Controversial Issues in US Policy, 5th edition. NY: McGraw Hill, 2010.
- George Shambaugh & Andrew Bennett. Taking Sides Controversial Issues in US Foreign Policy, 4th edition. NY: McGraw Hill, 2008.
- George Shambaugh & Andrew Bennett. Taking Sides Controversial Issues in US Foreign Policy. NY: McGraw Hill, 2006.
- George Shambaugh & Paul Weinstein. The Art of Policy Making: Tools, Techniques and Processes in the Modern Executive Branch. NY, NY: Longman, 2003.
- George Shambaugh. States, Firms, and Power: Successful Sanctions in US Foreign Policy. Albany: SUNY Press, 1999.
Articles in journals
- George Shambaugh and Richard Matthew. "Sword or Sheath? The Benefits of Imperfect Containment (Tate to Hoko Toshiteno Hujikome Seisaku No Koyo)." Japanese Journal of International Security 39.4 (2012): 35-49 .
- George Shambaugh, Richard Matthew, Brian McDonald. "Public Perceptions of Traumatic Events and Policy Preferences during the George W. Bush Administration: A Portrait of America in Turbulent Times." Studies in Conflict and Terrorism 33.1 (2010).
- George Shambaugh, Richard Matthew, Bryan McDonald. "Post-9/11 America: Conventional Wisdom versus Popular Pragmatism." Democracy & Society 5.2 (2008).
- George Shambaugh & Richard Matthew. "The Limits of Terrorism: A Network Perspective." International Studies Review 7 (2005).
- George Shambaugh & Richard Matthew. "The Pendulum Effect: Explaining Shifts in the Democratic Response to Terrorism." Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy 5.1 (2005).
- George Shambaugh. "Power of Money: Private Capital and Policy Preferences in Newly Emerging Market Economies." American Journal of Political Science 48.2 (2004).
- George Shambaugh & Patricia Weitsman. "International Systems, Domestic Structures, and Risk." Journal of Peace Research 39.3 (2002).
- George Shambaugh & Joseph Lepgold. "Who Owes Whom, How Much, and When? Modeling Reciprocity in International Relations." . Review of International Studies 28 (2002).
- George Shambaugh. "Globalization, Sovereign Authority and Sovereign Control over Economic Activity." International Politics 37.4 (2000).
- George Shambaugh and Joseph Lepgold. "Rethinking the Notion of Reciprocal Exchange in International Negotiation: Sino-American Relations, 1969-1997." International Negotiations 3 (1998).
- George Shambaugh & Richard Matthew. "Sex, Drugs, and Heavy Metal: Transnational Threats and National Vulnerabilities." Security Dialogue 29.2 (1998).
- George Shambaugh. "Dominance, Dependence and Political Power: Tethering Technology in the 1980s and Today." International Studies Quarterly 40.4 (1996).
- George Shambaugh & Samuel Barkin. "Common Pool Resources, Scarcity and Environmental Politics." Environmental Politics 5.3 (1996).
Articles in books
- George Shambaugh. "Perceptions of Threat, Trust in Government and Policy Support for the War in Iraq." The Political Psychology of Terrorism Fears. Ed. Samuel Justin Sinclair and Daniel Antonius. : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- George Shambaugh & Jason Davidson. "Who’s Afraid of Economic Incentives? The Efficacy/Political Externalities Trade-Off." Sanctions as Economic Statecraft: Theory and Practice. Ed. Steve Chan & A. Cooper Drury. NY: Macmillan-St. Martin’s Press, 2000.
- George Shambaugh. "Threatening Friends and Enticing Enemies in an Uncertain World." Enforcing Cooperation: Risky States and the Intergovernmental Management of Conflict. Ed. Gerald Schneider & Patricia Weitsman. NY: Macmillan Press, 1997.
- George Shambaugh & Eve Sandberg. "Prospects for North-South Negotiations in a Changing International Political Economy." Europe and Africa: The New Phase. Ed. I. William Zartman. Boulder: Lynne Rienner, 1992.
- George Shambaugh & Samuel Barkin, ed. Anarchy and the Environment: The International Relations of Common Pool Resources. Albany, NY: SUNY Press, 1999.