Nora E Gordon
McCourt School of Public Policy
Articles in journals
- Gordon, Nora and Sarah Reber. "The Quest for a Targeted and Effective Title I ESEA: Challenges in Designing and Implementing Fiscal Compliance Rules." RSF: the Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences 1.3 (2015): 129–147.
- Cascio, Elizabeth, Nora Gordon, and Sarah Reber. "Local Responses to Federal Grants: Evidence from the Introduction of Title I in the South." American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 5.3 (2013): 126-159.
- Forbes, Silke and Nora Gordon. "When Educators Are the Learners: Private Contracting by Public Schools.." B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, Contributions 12.1 (2012).
- Cascio, Elizabeth, Nora Gordon, Ethan Lewis, and Sarah Reber. "Paying for Progress: Conditional Grants and the Desegregation of Southern Public Schools.." Quarterly Journal of Economics 125.1 (2010): 445-482.
- Gordon, Nora and Brian Knight. "A Spatial Merger Estimator with an Application to School District Consolidation." Journal of Public Economics 93.5-6 (2009): 752-765.
- Cascio, Elizabeth, Nora Gordon, Ethan Lewis, and Sarah Reber. "From Brown to Busing." Journal of Urban Economics 64.2 (2008): 296-325.
- Cascio, Elizabeth, Damon Clark, and Nora Gordon. "Education and the Age Profile of Literacy into Adulthood across Countries." Journal of Economic Perspectives 22.3 (2008): 47-70.
- Gordon, Nora and Brian Knight. "“The Effects of School District Consolidation on Educational Cost and Quality." Public Finance Review 36.4 (2008): 408-430.
- Baicker, Katherine and Nora Gordon. "The Effect of State Education Finance Reform on Total Local Resources." Journal of Public Economics 90.8-9 (2006).
- Dunn, Laura B., and Nora E. Gordon. "Improving Informed Consent and Enhancing Recruitment for Research by Understanding Economic Behavior." Journal of the American Medical Association 203.5 (2005): 609-612.
- Gordon, Nora. "Do Federal Grants Boost School Spending? Evidence from Title I." Journal of Public Economics 88.9-10 (2004).
Articles in books
- Gordon, Nora. "The Changing Federal Role in Education Finance and Governance." Handbook of Research in Education Finance and Policy, 2nd ed. Ed. Helen F. Ladd and Margaret E. Goertz. New York : Routledge, 2015.
- Gordon, Nora. "High School Graduation in the Context of Changing Elementary and Secondary Education Policy and Income Inequality: The Last Half Century." Human Capital and History: The American Record. Ed. Leah Platt Boustan, Carola Frydman, and Robert A. Margo. Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2014.
- Gordon, Nora. "Intergovernmental grants." The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd edition. Ed. Steven N. Durlauf and Lawrence E. Blume. New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Gordon, Nora. "The Changing Federal Role in Education Finance and Governance." Handbook of Research in Education Finance and Policy. Ed. Helen F. Ladd and Edward B. Fiske. New York : Routledge., 2008.
- Gordon, Nora. "Challenges in Redistributing Resources across Local School Districts: Evidence from Title I and State School Finance Equalizations." To Educate a Nation: Federal and National Strategies of School Reform. Ed. Carl Kaestle and Alyssa Lodewick. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 2007.
- Gordon, Nora and Emiliana Vegas. "Educational Finance Equalization, Spending, Teacher Quality and Student Outcomes: The Case of Brazil’s FUNDEF." Incentives to Improve Teaching: Lessons from Latin America. Ed. E. Vegas . Washington, DC: The World Bank , 2005.