Mary Jane Mastorovich
GUMC Adjunct -- Assistant Professor
Department of Health Systems Administration
Articles in journals
- Mastorovich, MJ. "In the Interest of Patients: An Evidence Based Assessment of the Safety of Vinyl Infusion Care Devices." Journal of Infusion Nursing September/October (2004): 332-337.
- Mastorovich, MJ . "Vinyl Medical Products: Health Hazards or Hyperbole?." INS Newsline 25.1 (2003): 10-11.
- Aronson, N., Mastorovich, MJ., & Arshy, B. "Paradox: Letting Go of Control Requires Bold Leadership. Lessons from the Field." Journal of Quality and Participation 25.2 (2002): 36-39.
- Mastorovich, MJ & Drenkard, K. "Nursing Future Search, Building a Community of Nurses in an Integrated Healthcare System." Journal of Nursing Administration 30.4 (2000): 173-184.
- Mastorovich, MJ . "INOVA Health System on the Scene." Nursing Administration Quarterly 23.2 (1999): Winter.
- Mayer, TA, Cates, R, Mastorovich, MJ . "Emergency Department Patient Satisfaction: Customer Service Training Improves Patient Satisfaction and Ratings of Physician and Nurse Skill." Journal of Healthcare Management 43.5 (1998): 427-440.
- Mastorovich, MJ . "Intellectual Capital." MEDSURG Nursing 7.3 (1998).
- Ardabell, TA, Turjanica, MA, Mastorovich, MJ & Hirschman, V. "Business Process Management: A Step Beyond Continuous Quality Improvement." MEDSURG Nursing 4.4 (1995): 279-288.
- Mastorovich, MJ & Garrity, K. "Redesigining the Nursing Care Delivery System at Fairfax Hospital." The Quality Letter (1994): 59-67.
- Mastorovich, MJ & Messer, S. "Initiating a Comprehensive Study of the Virginia Nurse Practice Act." Virginia Nurse, Spring (1981).
Articles in books
- Mastorovich, MJ. "Leadership in the New Millennium." Fundamentals of Nursing, The Art and Science of Nursing Care. Ed. J.B Lippincott. Philadelphia: J.B Lippincott, 2005: 501-513
- Mastorovich, MJ . "Negotiation." Government Relations in Health Care: A Leadership Essential. Ed. .. Westport, Connecticut: Prager Publishers, 2003: 95-106
- Mastorovich, MJ . "Nurse Staffing Within an Integrated Delivery System." Staffing Management and Methods. Ed. MF Fraclic. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- (2004, July) Developing a Business Plan. Georgetown University Leadership Institute, Washington, DC. Presentation.
- (2004, June) Critical Thinking: The Experimental Dimension. Poster Session at AUPHA Annual Meeting, San Diego, Ca.
- (2003, March), Making Decisions About Vinyl Products, American Chemistry Council, Washington, DC. Presentation.
- (2001, October), Labor Relations, AORN Leadership Conference, San Diego, Ca. Presentation.
- (2000, Spring) Leadership and Labor relations for AORN Video, Washington, DC.
- (1999, September), Large Group Interventions as a Leadership Strategy. Advanced Management Education Conference, J&J Wharton Annual Meeting of Nursing Executives, Philadelphia, Pa. Presentation.
- (1998, September), Patient Care Redesign via Large Group Intervention, American Hospital Association, Nurse Executive Roundtable, Victoria, British Columbia.
- (1998, April), Patient Care Redesign, World Health Organization 6th International Hospitals Conference, Darmstadt, Germany. Presentation.
- (1998, March), Patient Care Redesign, National Forum on Large Group Intervention, Dallas, Texas.
- (1997, September), Patient Care Redesign: Poster Session, Orlando, Florida.
- (1993, March), Business Process Quality Management, IMPRO’93, Juran Institute National Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- (1988, Spring), Application of APACHE in Improving Outcomes in the ICU, National Association of Quality Assurance Professionals Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida. Presentation.