Michelle C Wang
Assistant Professor, Art History, Asian Art
Department of Art and Art History
- Michelle C. Wang, Guolong Lai, Roel Sterckx, Eugene Yuejin Wang. A Bronze Menagerie: Mat Weights of Early China. Boston, MA: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, 2006.
Articles in journals
- Michelle C. Wang. "The Thousand-armed Manjusri at Dunhuang and Paired Images in Buddhist Visual Culture." Archives of Asian Art 66.1 (2016).
- Michelle C. Wang. "Early Chinese Buddhist Sculptures as Animate Bodies and Living Presences." Ars Orientalis 46 (2016).
- Michelle C. Wang. "Changing Conceptions of “Mandala” in Tang China: Ritual and the Role of Images." Material Religion 9.2 (2013).
Articles in books
- Michelle C. Wang. "Buddhist Art and Architecture in East Asia." Blackwell Companion to East and Inner Asian Buddhism. Ed. Mario Poceski. : Blackwell, 2014.
- Michelle C. Wang and Wei-cheng Lin, ed. Performative Dimensions of Buddhist Art and Architecture in Asia. : Ars Orientalis Volume 46, 2016.
- Michelle C. Wang. "Review of ’Echoes of the Past: The Buddhist Cave Temples of Xiangtangshan’ (Special exhibition, Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, February 26–July 31, 2011)." caa.reviews (2012).
- Michelle C. Wang. "Review of Sonya S. Lee, Surviving Nirvana: Death of the Buddha in Chinese Visual Culture (Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press, 2010)." caa.reviews (2012).