Lisa O Singh
Department of Computer Science
Articles in journals
- R. Rankin, J. Mann, L. O. Singh, E. M. Patterson, E. B. Krzyszczyk, L. Bejder . "Dolphin social structure is driven by weighted and topological information: a null model approach." Animal Behaviour 13 (2016): 215-228.
- K. Chretien, M. Tuck, M. Simon, L. Singh, T. Kind. "A Digital Ethnography of Medical Students who Use Twitter for Professional Development." Journal of General Internal Medicine (2015).
- D. Dimitrov, L. Singh, L. and J. Mann. "Query Operator for Comparing Uncertain Graphs." Transactions on Large-Scale Data and Knowledge-Centered Systems 8980 (2015): 115-152.
- R. Mishori, L. Singh, B. Levy, C. Newport. "Mapping Physician Twitter Networks: Describing How They Work as a First Step in Understanding Connectivity, Information Flow, and Message Diffusion." Journal of Medical Internet Research 16.4 (2014).
- P. Sah, L. Singh, A. Clauset, and S. Bansal. "Exploring community structure in biological networks with random graphs." BMC Bioinformatics 15 (2014).
- H. Sharara, L. Singh, L. Getoor and J. Mann. "Finding Prominent Actors in Dynamic Affiliation Networks." Human Journal 1.1 (2012): 1-14.
- J. Mann, M. Stanton, E. Patterson, E. Bienestock, and L. Singh. "Social networks reveal cultural behaviour in tool using dolphins." Nature Communications 3 (2012): 980.
- H. Sharara, L. Singh, L. Getoor and J. Mann. "Understanding actor loyalty to event-based groups in affiliation network." Journal of Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining 1.2 (2011): 115-126.
- L. Singh and M. Sayal. "Privately detecting deviations in streaming, distributed time series data." Data and Knowledge Engineering 68.6 (2009): 509-530.
- R. Singh and L. Singh. "Blogs: emerging knowledge management tools for entrepreneurs to enhance marketing efforts." Journal of Internet Commerce 7.4 (2008): 1-15.
- M.B. Blake and L. Singh. "Software engineering for web services work ow systems." International Journal on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering 18.2 (2008): 157-178.
- M.B. Blake, L. Singh, A. Williams, W. Norman, and A. Sliva. "A Component-Based Data Management and Knowledge Discovery Framework for Aviation Studies." International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering 1.1 (2006): 74-88.
Articles in books
- L. Singh. "Data Ethics - Attaining personal privacy on the web." Ethical Reasoning in Big Data: An Exploratory Analysis. Ed. Jeff Collmann and Sorin Adam Matei. New York: Springer, 2016: 81-90
- J. Mann and L. Singh. "Culture, diffusion, and networks in social animals." Emerging Trends in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Ed. Robert Scott and Stephen Kosslyn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- L. Singh and J. Mann. "Modeling social preferences based on social interactions.." Encyclopedia of Social Networks and Data Mining. Ed. Reda Alhajj, Jon Rokne. New York: Springer, 2014.
- L. Singh, E.J. Bienenstock and J. Mann. "What are we missing? Perspectives on social network analysis for observational scientic data." Handbook of Social Networks: Technologies and Applications. Ed. B. Furht. : Springer, 2010.
- L. Singh. "Challenges for dynamic, heterogeneous networks in observational sciences.." Next Generation of Data Mining. Ed. Hillol Kargupta. Florida: CRS Press, 2008: 395-414
Articles in conference proceedings
- Y. Wei, L. Singh, B. Gallagher, D. Butler. "Overlapping target event and storyline detection of online newspaper articles." International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics. Montreal, Canada: IEEE, 2016.
- J. Zhu, S. Zhang, L. Singh, H. Yang, M. Sherr. "Generating risk reduction recommendations to decrease vulnerability of public online profiles." International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM). San Francisco, CA: IEEE/ACM, 2016.
- S. Zhang, H. Yang, L. Singh. "Anonymizing query logs by differential privacy ." SIGIR Conference. Pisa, Italy: ACM, 2016.
- L. Singh, H. Yang, M. Sherr, A. Hian-Cheong, K. Tian, J. Zhu, S. Zhang. "Public Information Exposure detection: Helping users understand their web footprints." International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining. Paris, France: IEEE/ACM, 2015.
- C. Newport, L. Singh, Y. Ren. "Membership detection using cooperative mining." International Conference on Data Mining. Philadelphia. PA: SIAM, 2014.
- W. B. Moore, Y. Wei, A. Orshefsky, M. Sherr, L. Singh, H. Yang. "Understanding Site-Based Inference Potential for Identifying Hidden Attributes." International Conference on Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust. Alexandria, VA: IEEE Computer Society, 2013.
- P. Caravelli, Y. Wei, D. Subak, L. Singh, J. Mann. "Understanding evolving group structures in time-varying networks." Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining . Niagara, ON, Canada: ACM, 2013.
- D. Dimitrov, L. Singh, J. Mann. "Comparison Queries for Uncertain Graphs.." International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications. Prague, Czech Republic: Springer, 2013.
- J. Ferro, L. Singh, M. Sherr. "Identifying individual vulnerability based on public data." International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust. Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain: IEEE Computer Society, 2013.
- J. Robinson, M. Lonergan, L. Singh, A. Candido and M. Sayal. "SHARD: A Framework for Sequential, Hierarchical Anomaly Ranking and Detection." Pacific Asian Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Springer, 2012.
- F. Nagle, L. Singh, and A. Gkoulalas-Divanis. "EWNI: Efficient Anonymization of Vulnerable Individuals in Social Networks." Pacific Asian Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Springer, 2012.
- A. Ramachandran, L. Singh, E. Porter, and F. Nagle. "Exploring re-identification risks in public domains." Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST). : IEEE Computer Society, 2012.
- N. Cesario, A. Pang, and L. Singh. "Visualizing node attribute uncertainty in graphs." SPIE Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA). San Francisco, CA: SPIE, 2011.
- H. Sharara, A. Sopan, G. Namata, L. Getoor, and L. Singh . "G-PARE: A Visual Analytic Tool for Comparative Analysis of Uncertain Graphs." IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST). Providence, RI: IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
- M. Sayal and L. Singh. "Privately detecting pairwise correlations in distributed time series." IEEE Conference on Information Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust. Boston, MA: IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
- P. Caravelli, M. Beard, B. Gopolan, L. Singh, Z. Hu. "Generating abstract networks using multi-relational biological data." Proceedings of Information Visualization. Barcelona, Spain: IEEE Computer Society, 2009.
- H. Sharara, L. Singh, L. Getoor and J. Mann. "The evolution of groups in aliation networks." Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining. Athens, Greece: IEEE Computer Society, 2009.
- L. Singh, M. Beard, B. Gopalan, G. Nelson. "Structure-based hierarchical transformations for interactive visual exploration of social networks." Pacific Asian Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). Ed. T. Washio. Osaka, Japan: Springer, 2008.
- L. Singh and M. Sayal. "Privacy preserving burst detection of distributed time series data using linear transforms." IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining. Honolulu, Hawaii: IEEE, 2007.
- L. Singh, M. Beard, L. Getoor, and M. Blake. "Visual mining of multi-modal social networks at different abstraction levels." IEEE Conference on Information Visualization. Zurich, Switzerland: IEEE Computer Society, 2007.
- L. Singh and J. Zhan. "Measuring topological anonymity in social networks.." IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing . San Jose, CA: IEEE, 2007.
- L. Singh, L. Getoor, and L. Licamele. "Pruning Social Networks Using Structural Properties and Descriptive Attributes." IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. Ed. Jaiwei Han, Benjamin Wah. Houston, Texas: IEEE, 2005.
- R. Singh, L. Singh, and M. Crump. "Blogs as Marketing Tools for Entrepreneurs: Trends, Implications, and Future Research Directions." UIC/AMA Symposium on Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Ed. G. Hills. San Francisco: American Marketing Association, 2005.
- Y. Wei, L. Singh, S. Martin. (2016) Identification of extremism on Twitter. Workshop on Social Network Analysis Surveillance Technologies (SNAT) at the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining (ASONAM). San Francisco, CA..
- L. Singh, H. Yang, M. Sherr, Y. Wei, A. Hian-Cheong, K. Tian, J. Zhu, S. Zhang, T. Vaidya, and E. Asgarli. (2015) Helping Users Understand Their Web Footprints. In the International Conference on World Wide Web - Companion Proceedings. World WIde Web (WWW), Florence, Italy. Poster Paper .
- J. King, J. Fineman, V. Palermo, L. Singh. (2015) Combining pure anomalies to explain unusual behavior in real world data sets. ODDx3: Outlier Definition, Detection, and Description Workshop at the ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), Sydney, Australia..
- Y. Wei, A. Taylor, N. Yossinger, E. Swingewood, D. Quinn, S. Martin, S. McGrath, J. Collmann, S. Berkowitz, L. Singh. (2014) Using Large-scale Open Source Data to Identify Potential Forced Migration. Workshop on Data Science for the Social Good at the International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, New York, NY .
- S. Zhang, H. Yang, and L. Singh. (2014) Increased Information Leakage from Text. Workshop on Privacy-Preserving IR: When Information Retrieval Meets Privacy and Security (PIR 2014) at the ACM SIGIR Conference, Gold Coast, Australia. Extended abstract .
- P. Sah, A. Clauset, L. Singh, S. Bansal. (2014). Exploring community structure in biological networks with random graphs. Network Science Conference, San Francisco, CA. Poster.
- D. Dimitrov, L. Singh, and J. Mann, (2013) Invenio - A Process Centric Data Mining and Visual Analytic Tool for Exploring Complex Social Networks. In the Interactive Data Exploration and Analytics (IDEA) workshop at the ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), Chicago, Illinois, pp. 124-140.
- D. DeBoer, W. Zhou, L. Singh. Using substructure mining to identify misbehavior in network provenance graphs. ACM International Workshop on Graph Data Management Experiences and Systems, ACM, 2013.
- L. Singh and C. Schramm (2010) Identifying similar neighborhood structures in private social networks. Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Private Aspects of Data Mining, Sydney, Australia.
- L. Singh. (2007). Exploring graph mining approaches for dynamic heterogeneous networks. National Science Foundation Symposium on Next Generation of Data Mining and Cyber-Enabled Discovery for Innovation, Baltimore, MD.
- M. Sayal, L. Singh. Detecting aggregate bursts from scaled bins within the context of privacy. IEEE ICDE Workshop on Privacy Data Management, Istanbul: April 2007.
- L. Singh and L. Getoor (2007). Increasing the predictive power of affiliation networks. Data Engineering Bulletin, 30(2), pp. 41-50.
- H. Kang, L. Getoor, L. Singh. (2007). Visual analysis of dynamic group membership in temporal social networks. ACM SIGKDD Explorations, 9(2), pp. 13-21.
- L. Singh, G. Nelson, J. Mann, A. Coakes, E. Krzyszczyk, and E. Herman. "Data cleansing and transformation of observational scientific data." ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Information Quality in Information Systems. Chicago, Illinois: ACM, 2006.