Steven T Kuhn
Professor, Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Philosophy
203 New North
Fridays 2:00 - 3:00, except 1/28, 3/4, 4/15, and 5/13 when they will be 12:00 - 1:00. Also by appointment.
Steve Kuhn received his B.A. (in mathematics) from Johns Hopkins University and his Ph.D. from Stanford. Before coming to Georgetown, he occupied temporary positions at the University of Michigan, UCLA and the University of Pennsylvania. At various stages in his career, he held fellowships in Finland, Sweden, Germany and Scotland. His research interests include logic, philosophy of logic, ethics, metaphysics, and the philosophy of language. More specifically, he has worked in the areas of modal and tense logic, reasoning in ordinary language, the division between logic and theory, time and tense, indirect contractarian theories of ethics, and applications of game theory in moral philosophy. He has collaborated with other authors from computer science, mathematics, linguistics and economics departments.
- Former PhD Student Justin Weinberg Receives Tenure at USC
- KIE's "Introduction to Bioethics" Among First MOOCs
- Professor Nancy Sherman Receives 2013 Guggenheim Fellowship
- Undergraduate Student Eric Cheng Successfully Defends Honors Thesis
- Congratulations to Sandra Strachan-Vieira, winner of the 2013 School of Continuing Studies Spirit Award
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.