Section: Faculty & Research
Medical Director of the Cancer Assessment and Risk Evaluation program (CARE)
Dr. Isaacs has extensive experience in the conduct of clinical trials focusing on all aspects of breast cancer. Additional research interests include cancer risk assessment and medical management and prevention strategies for women at high risk for breast cancer. She has served as the PI of a variety of clinical trials in treatment of early-stage and metastatic breast cancer, and served as the PI of the Cancer Genetics Network site and the PLCO Trial at Georgetown University. She has authored over 120 peer reviewed publications. She has served on a number of committees including the Cancer Education Committee at ASCO, the ASCO Scientific Program Committee and is a member of the Breast Oncology Local Diseases Task Force of the Breast Steering Committee of the NCI.
- Fellowship (1993) Div. Medical Oncology, Georgetown Univ. Med. Cen., Breast Cancer
- Residency/Fellowship Training (1992) McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Residency Training (1990) Montreal General Hospital, McGill Univ., Montreal, Internal Medicine
- MDCM (1987) McGill University,
- BSc (1983) McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Great distinction in biol., majors in human gene.
- French (speak, read, write)