(On sabbatical Fall 2014)
Faculty - SFS
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. Paths to Peace: Domestic Coalition Shifts, War Termination and the Korean War. Palo Alto, CA: Stanford University Press, 2009.
Articles in journals
- Douglas C. Johnson, Nathaniel J. Thom, Elizabeth A. Stanley, Lori Haase, Alan N. Simmons, Pei-an B. Shih, Wesley K. Thompson, Eric G. Potterat, Thomas R. Minor, and Martin P. Paulus. "Modifying resilience mechanisms in at-risk individuals: a controlled study of mindfulness training in Marines preparing for deployment." American Journal of Psychiatry (2014).
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "Cultivating the Mind of a Warrior." Inquiring Mind 30.2 (2014): 16, 31.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley, John M. Schaldach, Anastasia Kiyonaga, and Amishi P. Jha. "Mindfulness-based Mind Fitness Training: A Case Study of a High Stress Pre-deployment Military Cohort." Cognitive and Behavioral Pratice 18.4 (2011): 566-576.
- Amishi P. Jha, Elizabeth A. Stanley, Anastasia Kiyonaga, Ling Wong & Lois Gelfand. "Examining the Protective Effects of Mindfulness Training on Working Memory Capacity and Affective Experience." Emotion 10.1 (2010): 54-64.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley and Amishi P. Jha. "Mind Fitness: Improving Operational Effectiveness and Building Warrior Resilience." Joint Force Quarterly 55.4 (2009): 144-151.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley and John P. Sawyer. "The Equifinality of War Termination: Multiple Paths to Ending War." Journal of Conflict Resolution 53.5 (2009): 651-676.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "Ending the Korean War: The Role of Domestic Coalition Shifts in Overcoming Obstacles to Peace." International Security 34.1 (2009): 42-82.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "Technology’s Double-Edged Sword: The Case of US Army Battlefield Digitization." Defense Analysis 17.3 (2001): 267-288.
Articles in books
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "Mindfulness-based Mind Fitness Training (MMFT): An Approach for Enhancing Performance and Building Resilience in High Stress Contexts." The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Mindfulness. Ed. Amanda Ie, Christelle T. Ngnoumen, and Ellen J. Langer. London: Wiley-Blackwell, 2014: 964-985
- Amishi P. Jha, Elizabeth A. Stanley, and Michael J. Baime. "What does Mindfulness Training Strengthen? Working Memory Capacity as a Functional Marker of Training Success." Assessing Mindfulness and Acceptance in Clients: Illuminating the Theory and Practice of Change. Ed. Ruth Baer. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Press, 2010: 207-221
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "Neuroplasticity, Mind Fitness, and Military Effectiveness." Biologically-Inspired Innovation and National Security. Ed. Robert E. Armstrong, Mark D. Drapeau, Cheryl A. Loeb, and James L. Valdes. Washington DC: National Defense University Press, 2010: 257-279
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "The Military Profession and Intangible Rewards for Service." Filling the Ranks: Transforming the US Military Personnel System. Ed. Cindy Williams. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2004: 93-118
- Elizabeth A. Stanley. "The Digital Battlefield: What Army Transformation Efforts Say about its Professional Jurisdiction." The Future of the Army Profession. Ed. Don M. Snider and Gayle Watkins. New York: McGraw Hill, 2003.
- Risa A. Brooks and Elizabeth A. Stanley, ed. Creating Military Power: The Sources of Military Effectiveness. Palo Alto, CA: Stanford University Press, 2007.
- Elizabeth A. Stanley, International Perceptions of US Nuclear Policy, Sandia Report SAND2007-0903 (February 2007), 128 pp..
- Elizabeth A. Stanley, Making Peace While Staying Ready for War: The Challenges of U.S. Military Participation in Peace Operations. Congressional Budget Office Paper, December 1999 (with editing by Lauri Zeman and Frances Lussier), 156 pp. .
- Elizabeth A. Stanley, Evolutionary Technology in the Current Revolution in Military Affairs: The Army Tactical Command and Control System (Carlisle, PA: Strategic Studies Institute, US Army War College, 1998), monograph, 67 pp. .