Elena Silva Casey
Department of Biology
Articles in journals
- Cunningham, DD and ES Casey. "The development of the nervous system in Saccoglossus kowalevskii." Developmental Biology (2013).
- Rogers CD, Ferzli GS, Casey ES.. "The response of early neural genes to FGF signaling or inhibition of BMP indicate the absence of a conserved neural induction module.." BMC Developmental Biology 74 (2011): 1-13.
- Archer TA, Jing J, and ES Casey. "Interaction of Sox1, Sox2, Sox3 and Oct4 during primary neurogenesis." Developmental Biology 350.2 (2011): 429-440.
- Elkouby YM, Elias S, Casey ES, Blythe SA, Tsabar N, Klein PS, Root H, Liu KJ, Frank D.. "Mesodermal Wnt signaling organizes the neural plate via Meis3.." Development 137.9 (2010): 1531-41.
- Rogers CD, Moody SA, Casey ES. "Neural induction and factors that stabilize a neural fate.." Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 87.3 (2009): 249-62.
- Rogers CD, Harafuji N, Archer T, Cunningham DD, Casey ES. "Xenopus Sox3 activates sox2 and geminin and indirectly represses Xvent2 expression to induce neural progenitor formation at the expense of non-neural ectodermal derivatives.." Mechanisms of Development 126.1-2 (2009): 42-55.
- Blackiston D, Silva Casey E, and M Weiss.. "Retention of Memory through Metamorphosis: Can a Moth Remember what it Learned as a Caterpillar?." PLoS ONE 3 .3 (2008): e1736.
- Rogers C , Archer T , Cunningham DD, Grammer TC and EM Silva Casey. . "Sox2 and Sox3 expression during Xenopus neurogenesis are controlled by distinct regulatory mechanisms. ." Developmental Biology 313.11 (2008): 307-319.
- Cunningham DD, Meng J, Fritszch B, and EM Silva Casey . "Cloning and developmental expression of the soxB2 genes, sox14 and sox21, during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis.." IJDB (2008).
- Brunelli, S., Casey, E.S., Bell, D., Harland, R., and R. Lovell-Badge. . "Expression of SOX3 throughout the developing central nervous system is dependent on the combined action of discrete, evolutionarily conserved regulatory elements." Genesis 36 (2003): 12-24.