Associate Professor on the Educator Track
Department of Health Systems Administration
Articles in journals
- Riley, J., Cloonan, P. & Rogan, E. "Improving student understanding of health literacy through experiential learning." Journal of Health Administration Education (2009).
- Riley, J., Cloonan, P., Strobel, J. & Baigis, J. "Promoting health literacy: A strategy for school nurses." British Journal of School Nursing (2007).
- Riley, J., Cloonan, P. & Norton, C. "Low health literacy: A challenge to critical care." Critical Care Nursing Quarterly 29.2 (2006): 174-178.
- Cloonan, P., Riley, JB., & Norton, C. "Low health literacy: a challenge to critical care." Critical Care Nursing Quarterly 29.2 (2006): 174-8.
- Relf, M., Decker, D., Cloonan, P. Mallinson, K. "Health literacy among persons attending an urban HIV clinic." Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (2006).
- Tractenberg, R. & Cloonan, P. "Comprehension in reading and informed consent." Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics (2006).
- Riley, J, Cloonan, P & Rogan, E. "An experiential approach to teaching health literacy." Nursing Outlook (2006).
- Cloonan, P. "Health literacy content in nursing curricula." Journal of Professional Nursing (2006).
- Cloonan, P., Wright, S., Leonhardy, K., & Wright, G. "An international programme in nursing and midwifery: building capacity for the new millennium." International Nursing Review 52.1 (2005): 18-23.
- Larson, E., Early, E. Cloonan, P. Sugrue, S & Parides, M. "An organizational climate intervention associated with increased handwashing and decreased nosocomial infections." Behavioral Medicine 52 (2000): 18-23.
- Cloonan, P., Davis, FD & Burnett, CB. "Interdisciplinary education in clinical ethics: A work in progress." Holistic Nursing Practice 13.2 (1999): 12-19.
- Cloonan, P. "Moral leadership: A requirement in the transformation of health care organizations." Surgical Services Management 5.1 (1999).
- Cloonan, P., & Belyea, M. "Limits of patient characteristics in predicting home care resource use." Western Journal of Nursing Research 15.6 (1993): 741-750.
- Cloonan P. & Brodie, B. "Home health care agencies: What constitutes success?." Nursing Economics 11.1 (1993): 29-33.
- Bryant, S. & Cloonan P. "Graduate home health education: A survey of home health educators and agency personnel." Journal of Nursing Education 31.1 (1992): 29-32.
- Irvine, A., Phillips, E., Cloonan, P., Torner, J., Fisher, M. & Chase, G . "Impact of Medicare payment policy on home health resources utilization." Health Care Financing Review 13.2 (1991): 13-18.
- Cloonan, P. & Shuster, G. "Care coordination: A resource-intensive component for home health nursing practice." Public Health Nursing 7.4 (1991): 204-208.
- Shuster, G. & Cloonan P. "Home health nursing care: A comparison of not for profit and for profit agencies." Home Health Care Services Quarterly 12.1 (1991): 23-36.
- Cloonan P., Phillips, E., Irvine, A. & Fisher, M. "Patients receiving no billed nursing care." Home Health Care Services Quarterly 12.1 (1991): 37-45.
- Phillips, E.K., Cloonan P., Irvine, A. & Fisher, M. "Nonreimbursed home care: Beyond the bills." Public Health Nursing 7.2 (1990): 60-64.
- Irvine, A., Phillips, E., Fisher, M. & Cloonan, P. "Out of the ivory tower: The value of collaborative research." Home Health Care Services Quarterly 10.3/4 (1989): 117-130.
- Shuster, G. & Cloonan, P. "Nursing activities and reimbursement in clinical case management." Home Health Care Nurse 7.5 (1989): 10-15.
- Phillips, E. & Cloonan, P. "DRG ripple effects on community health nursing." Public Health Nursing 4.2 (1987): 84-87.
- Jellinek, N. & Cloonan, P. "Adolescent consent: Questions, confusion, and conflict." Pediatric Nursing 7.1 (1981): 33-34.
- Smith, M. & Cloonan, P. "Meeting the special needs of the hearing impaired child." Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing 3.6 (1979): 21-34.
Articles in books
- Cloonan, P. "Key aspects of caring for the chronically ill." Managing home care. Ed. S. Funk, E. Tornquist, M. Champagne & R. Weise. NY: Spring Publishing Co., 1993.