Thomas Clay Shields
Department of Computer Science
Articles in journals
- M. Wright, M. Adler, B. N. Levine, and C. Shields. "Passive-Logging Attacks Against Anonymous Communications Systems." ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (2007).
- Kimaya Sanzgiri, Daniel LaFlamme, Bridget Dahill, Brian Neil Levine, Clay Shields, and Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer. "Authenticated Routing for Ad hoc Networks." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 23.3 (2005): 598-610.
- Matthew Wright, Micah Adler, Brian Neil Levine, and Clay Shields. "The Predecessor Attack: An Analysis of a Threat to Anonymous Communications Systems." ACM Transactions on Information and System Security 7.4 (2004): 489-522.
- Brian Carrier and Clay Shields. "The Session Token Protocol for Forensics and Traceback ." ACM Transactions on Information and System Security 7.3 (2004): 333-362.
- Brian Neil Levine and Clay Shields. "Hordes - A Multicast Based Protocol for Anonymity." Journal of Computer Security 10.3 (2002): 213-240.
Articles in books
- Clay Shields. "An Introduction to Information Assurance." Machine Learning and Data Mining for Computer Security. Ed. Marcus A. Maloof. London: Springer, 2005: 7-22
Articles in conference proceedings
- Marc Liberatore, Robert Erdely, Thomas Kerle, Brian Neil Levine, and Clay Shields. "Forensic Investigation of Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Networks." Proceedings of the DFRWS Annual Digital Forensics Research Conference. Portland OR: DFRWS, 2010.
- Marc Liberatore, Brian N. Levine, and Clay Shields. "Strengthening Forensic Investigations of Child Pornography on P2P Networks." Proceedings of the ACM Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT). Philadelphia, PA: ACM, 2010.
- C. Piro, C. Shields. B. N. Levine. "Detecting the Sybil Attack in Mobile Ad hoc Networks." Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks . Ed. Mukesh Singhal and John Baras. Baltimore, MD: IEEE Press, 2006.
- S. Cabuk, C. Brodley, and C. Shields. "IP Covert Timing Channels: An Initial Exploration." Proceedings of the ACM Computer and Communications Security Conference (CCS). Ed. Vijay Atluri. Washington, DC: ACM Press, 2004.
- M. Wright, M. Adler, B. N. Levine, and C. Shields. "Defending Anonymous Communication Against Passive Logging Attacks." Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. Ed. Bob Blakley . Oakland, CA: IEEE Press, 2003.
- M. Wright, M. Adler, B.N. Levine, and C. Shields. " An Analysis of the Degradation of Anonymous Protocols." Proceedings of the ISOC Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS). Ed. Clifford Neuman. San Diego, CS: Internet Society, 2002.
- B. Carrier and C. Shields. " Confidentiality and Anonymity Analysis of On-Line Payment Protocols." A Recursive Session Token Protocol For Use in Computer Forensics and TCP Traceback. Ed. Parviz Kermani. New York, NY: IEEE Press, 2002.
- F. Buchholz and C. Shields. "Providing Process Origin Information to Aid in Network Traceback." Proceedings of the 2002 USENIX Annual Technical Conference. Ed. Carla Ellis. Monterey, CA: USENIX, 2002.
- K. Sanzgiri, B. Dahill, B. N. Levine, C. Shields, and E. Belding-Royer. "A Secure Routing Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks." In Proceedings of 2002 IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP). Ed. Ana Cavalli and Teruo Higashino. Paris, france: IEEE Press, 2002.
- V. Scarlata, B.N. Levine, and C. Shields. "Responder Anonymity and Anonymous Peer-to-Peer File Sharing." Proceedings of the IEEE Intl. Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP). Ed. Satish K. Tripathi. Riverside, CA: IEEE Press, 2001.
- C. Shields and B. N. Levine. "A Protocol for Anonymous Communication Over the Internet." Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security. Ed. Dimitris Gritzalis. Athens, Greece: ACM Press, 2000.