Associate Professor & Chair
- Brennan, Denise. Life Interrupted: Trafficking into Forced Labor in the United States. Durham: Duke University Press, 2013.
- Brennan, Denise and Pardis Mahdavi. Rethinking Trafficking. Durham: Duke University Press, 2013.
- Brennan, Denise. What’s Love Got to Do with It? Transnational Desires and Sex Tourism in the Dominican Republic. Durham: Duke University Press, 2004.
Articles in journals
- Brennan, Denise. "Thoughts on Finding and Assisting Individuals in Forced Labor in the USA." Sexualities 13.2 (2010): 139-152.
- Brennan, Denise. "Key Issues in the Resettlement of Formerly Trafficked Persons in the United States." University of Pennsylvania Law Review. Special Edition: “Trafficking in Sex and Labor: Domestic and International Responses. 158.6 (2010): 1581-1608..
- Brennan, Denise. "Competing Claims of Victimhood?: Foreign and Domestic ’Victims’ of Trafficking in the United States." Sexuality Research and Social Policy 5.4 (2008): 45-61.
- Brennan, Denise. "Methodological Challenges in Research on Human Trafficking: Tales from the Field." International Migration 43.1/2 (2005): 35-54.
- Brennan, Denise. "Women Work, Men Sponge and Everyone Gossips: Macho Men and Stigmatized/ing Women in A Sex Tourist Town." Anthropological Quarterly 77.4 (2004): 705-33.
- Brennan, Denise. "Tourism in Transnational Places: Dominican Sex Workers and German Sex Tourists Imagine One Another." Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power 7.4 (2001): 621-663.
Articles in books
- Brennan, Denise. "Sex Tourism, Globalization, and Transnational Imaginings." Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective. Ed. Brettell, Caroline B. and Carolyn F. Sargent. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Education, Inc., 2013: 457-466
- Brennan, Denise. "Sex Tourism and Women’s Economic Opportunities in a Globalized Economy." Sex For Sale: Prostitution, Pornography, and the Sex Industry. Second Edition. Ed. Ronald Weitzer. New York and London: Routledge, 2009.
- Brennan, Denise. "Love Work in Sex Work (and After): Performing at Love." Between Love and Sex: Intimacies in Cross-Cultural Perspective. Ed. William Jankowiak. New York: Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Brennan, Denise. "Love Work in a Tourist Town: Dominican Sex Workers and Resort Workers Perform at Love." Love and Globalization: Transformations of Intimacy in the Contemporary World. Ed. Padilla, Mark B. et al.. Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University Press, 2007.
- Brennan, Denise. "When Sex Tourists and Sex Workers Meet: Encounters within Sosúa, the Dominican Republic’s Sexscape." Tourists and Tourism. Ed. Sharon Gmelch. Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press, 2003.
- Brennan, Denise. "Selling Sex for Visas: Sex Tourism as Stepping Stone to International Migration for Dominican Women." Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, and Sex Workers in the New Economy. Ed. Barbara Ehrenreich and Arlie Russell Hochschild. New York: Metropolitan Books, 2002.
- Brennan, Denise. "Globalization, Women’s Labor and Men’s Pleasure: Sex Tourism in Sosúa, the Dominican Republic." Urban Life: Readings in Urban Anthropology. Ed. George Gmelch and Walter P. Zenner. Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press, 2002.
Articles in conference proceedings
- Brennan, Denise. "Securing Migrants’ Rights as Anti-Trafficking Work." Rethinking Human ’Trafficking’. Ed. Occasional Paper Series, Middle East Program & United States Studies . Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 2010.
- Brennan, Denise. "Ending Forced Labor by Securing Immigrant Workers’ Rights." Centerpoint, The Newsletter of the Woodrow Wilson Center 2009: .