Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS)
Articles in journals
- Gigler, B.S., Tanner, B.and Kiess, J. . "Enhanced Social Accountability through Open Access to Data: Geomapping World Bank Projects." Development Outreach (2011).
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler. "Empowerment through the Internet: Opportunities and Challenges for Indigenous Peoples." TechKnowlogia 03 .04 (2001).
Articles in books
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler . "Enacting and Interpreting Technology- From Usage to Well-Being." Information Communication Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. Ed. Van Slyke, C. : Idea Group, 2008.
- Gover Barja and Bjorn-Soren Gigler . "The concept of information poverty and how to measure it: ." Digital Poverty- Latin American and Caribbean Perspectives. Ed. Hernan Galperin and Judith Mariscal. : IDRC Canada 2007, 2007.
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler. "Enacting and interpreting technology from usage to well-being: Experiences of indigenous peoples with ICTs." Empowering Marginal Communities with Information Networking. Ed. Rahman, H. : Idea Group, 2005.
Articles in conference proceedings
- Gigler, B.-S.. "Development as the Freedom to Use Information; Why Do Informational Capabilities Matter?." Maitreyee- Human Development and Capabilility Association (HDCA). Ed. Ilse Oosterlaken. Den Hague, Netherlands: Human Development and Capabilility Association , 2012.
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler . "’Informational Capabilities’- The Missing Link for the Impact of ICT on development." World Bank ICT Sector Week . E-Transformation Working Paper Series: World Bank Working Paper Series, 2011.
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler. "Decentralization, Clientelism and Popular Participation-- Is there a role for ICTs to improve local governance?." 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication ICTD 2009 Proceedings, Carnegie Mellon University. Carnegie Mellon University, Education City, Doha, Qatar: Carnegie Mellon University, 2009.
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler . "Poverty, inequality and human development of indigenous peoples in Bolivia." 6th International HDCA Conference “Ideas Changing History” . : The New School, 2007.
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler. "Intercultural Bilingual Education through ICTs-- the shared experiences of the Karina, Uwotjuja, Pemon and Wayuu communities ." Eight International Working Conference of IFIP WG 9.4.- Enhancing Human Resources through ICTs . Abuja, Nigeria: IFIP WG 9.4 , 2005.
- Gigler Bjorn-Soren . "Indigenous peoples, Human development and the Capability Approach ." The 5th International Conference on the Capability Approach. Paris, France: UNESCO, 2005.
- Gigler, Bjorn-Soren . "Including the excluded: can ICTs empower poor communities?, Towards an alternative evaluation framework based on the capacity approach." 4th International Conference on the Capability Approach, Sept.5-7, 2004 . Pavia, Italy : University of Pavia , 2004.
- Gigler (2012) Valuing Information: A framework for evaluating the impact of ICT programs, Open Development Technology Alliance, The World Bank. .
- Gigler, S; Custer, S. and Rahmetulla, H. (2011) Realizing the Vision of Open Government Data- Opportunities, Challenges and Pitfalls, Open Development Technology Alliance, The World Bank.
- Bott, M; Gigler, S and Young, G (2011), The Role of Crowdsourcing for Better Governance in Fragile States Context. Open Development Technology Alliance, The World Bank. .
- Kuriyan, Renee; Bailur, Savita; Gigler Bjorn-Soren and Park, Kyung Ryul (2011) Technologies for Transparency and Accountability- Implications for ICT Policy and Implementation; (DRAFT) Open Development Technology Alliance, The World Bank..
- Rahmetulla, H; Kaplan, J.; Gigler, S. ;Custer, S.; Kiess, J. and Brigham, C. (2011) Open Data Kenya- DRAFT; Open Development Technology Alliance, World Bank Publications. .
- Gigler, B.S. and Simmons, L. (2002) Giving Voices to Indigenous Peoples, Global Development Learning Network, World Bank Institute..
- Uquillas, Jorge, E. y Gigler, Sören (1998) Consulta Técnica Andina, Temas de Discusión para la Reunión de la Política del Banco Mundial sobre Pueblos Indígenas. Banco Mundial, Washington .
- Uquillas, J. Martinez, J., Gigler, S. and Condori,N.:(1998) Participatory Training of Indigenous Peoples in Latin America: Washington: Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Department, Latin America and Caribbean Region, The World Bank..