Brooks C Holtom
Articles in journals
- Weller, I.; Holtom, B.; Matisake, W.; Mellewigt, T. . "Level and time effects of job search sources on early voluntary turnover." Journal of Applied Psychology (2009).
- Felps, W.; Hekman, D.; Mitchell, T.; Harman, W.; Holtom, B.. "When staying depends on others: Collective job embeddedness as a predictor of employee turnover." Academy of Management Journal (2009).
- Tanova, C.; Holtom, B.. "Using job embeddedness factors to explain voluntary turnover in 4 European countries." International Journal of Human Resource Management 19.9 (2008): 1553-1568.
- Holtom, B.; Mitchell, T., Lee, T., Eberly, M.. "Turnover and retention research: A glance at the past, a closer review of the present, and a venture into the future." Academy of Management Annals 2 (2008): 231-274.
- Baruch, Y.; Holtom, B.. "Survey response rate levels and trends in organizational research." Human Relations 61.8 (2008): 1139-1160.
- Boggs, J., Mikel, A., Holtom, B.. "Experiential learning through interactive drama." Journal of Management Education 31.6 (2007): 832-858.
- Mallol, C.; Holtom, B.; Lee, T.. "Job embeddedness in a culturally diverse environment." Journal of Business and Psychology 22.1 (2007): 35-44.
- Hinkin, T.; Holtom, B.; Klag, M.. "Collaborative research: Developing mutually beneficial relationships between researchers and organizations." Organizational Dynamics 36.1 (2007): 105-118.
- Holtom, B.; Inderrieden, E.. "Integrating the unfolding model and job embeddedness to better understand voluntary turnover." Journal of Mangerial Issues 18.4 (2006): 435-452.
- Holtom, B.; Mitchell, T., Lee, T.. "Increasing human and social capital by applying job embeddedness theory." Organizational Dynamics 35.4 (2006): 316-331.
- Holtom, B.; Kenworthy, A.. "Electronic negotiation; A teaching tool for encouraging students to "look into the mirror"." Negotiation Journal 22.3 (2006): 303-324.
- Giosan, C.; Holtom, B.; Watson, M.. "Antecedents to job embeddedness: The role of individual, organizational and market factors." Journal of Organizational Psychology 5 (2005): 31-44.
- Holtom, B.; Kenworthy, A.. "Shocks as causes of turnover: What they are and how organizations can mange them." Human Resource Management 44.3 (2005): 337-352.
- Lee, T., Mitchell, T., Sablynski, C., Burton, J., & Holtom, B.. "The effect of job embeddedness on organizational citizenship, job performance, volitional absences and voluntary turnover." Academy of Management Journal 47.5 (2004): 711-722.
- Holtom, B. & O’Neill, B.. "Job embeddedness: A theoretical foundation for developing a comprehensive plan for retaining health care employees." Journal of Nursing Administration 34.5 (2004): 216-227.
- Holtom, B., Mickel, A., & Boggs, J.. "Using interactive drama to teach the complexities of decision making." Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education 1.2 (2003): 305-311.
- Holtom, B., Lee, T., & Tidd, S.. "The relationship between work status congruence and work-related attitudes and behaviors." Journal of Applied Psychology 87.5 (2002): 903-915.
- Holtom, B., & Wilhelm, M.. "The unexpected offer." International Journal of Conflict Management 13.4 (2002): 409-415.
- Friedman, R., & Holtom, B.. ". The effects of network groups on minority employee turnover intentions." Human Resource Management Journal 41.4 (2002): 405-421.
- Burton, J., Lee, T., & Holtom, B.. "The influence of motivation to attend, ability to attend, and organizational commitment on different types of absence behaviors." Journal of Managerial Issues 14.2 (2002): 181-197.
- Mitchell, T., Holtom, B., Lee, T., Sablynski, C., & Erez, M.. "Why people stay: Using job embeddedness to predict voluntary turnover." Academy of Management Journal 44.6 (2001): 1102-1121.
- Mitchell, T., Holtom, B., & Lee, T.. "How to keep your best employees: The development of an effective retention policy." Academy of Management Executive 15.4 (2001): 96-108.
- Lee, T., Mitchell, T., Holtom, B., Hill, J. & McDaniel, L.. "Theoretical development and extension of the unfolding model of voluntary turnover." Academy of Management Journal 42.4 (1999): 450-462.
- Brooks Holtom. "Standing on the shoulders of giants is a matter of perspective." Human Resource Management Review 8.4 (1999): 403-412.
Articles in books
- Sablynski, C., Mitchell, T., Lee, T., Burton, J., & Holtom, B.. "Turnover: An integration of Lee and Mitchell’s unfolding model and job embeddedness construct and Hulin’s withdrawal construct." Psychology of Work. Ed. Brett, J. & Drasgow, F.. New Jersey: LEA, 2002: 189-203
- Brooks Holtom, ed. "Job embeddedness in a culturally diverse environment." 2003. : Proceedings of the Academy of International Business Conference.
- Brooks Holtom, ed. "Job embeddedness: Construct comparison and methodological issues." 2002. : Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on Business.
- Brooks Holtom, ed. "Implantación como método para retener los empleados valiosos: Assessing the predictive value of the job embeddedness construct among Hispanic employees." 2002. : Proceedings of the International Western Academy of Management Conference.
- Brooks Holtom, ed. "How to develop an effective employee attachment policy." 2001. : Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on Business.
- Brooks Holtom, ed. "Decisions regarding organizational attachment: Why people leave and why they stay." 1999. : Proceedings of the Decision Sciences Institute International Conference.