SOM Medical Educator Track -- Associate Professor
Co-Director, CAM Graduate Program
Co-Director, CAM Graduate Program
Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology
Articles in journals
- Abu-Asab M, Chaouchi M, Alesci S, Galli S, Laasri M, Atouf F, Cheema A, VanMeter J, and Amri H. . "Biomarkers in the Age of Omics: Time for a Systems Biology Approach.." Omics: Journal of Integrative Biology. 15.3 (2011): 105-112.
- Abu-Asab M and Amri H. . "Analyzing Heterogeneous Complexity in CAM Research: A Systems Biology Solution Through Parsimony Phylogenetics." Forschende Komplementarmedizin, in press. (2011).
- MacLaughlin WB, Wang D, Noone AM, Liu N, Harazduk N, Lumpkin M, Haramati A, Saunders P, Dutton MA, Amri H. "Stress Biomarkers in Medical Students Participating in a Mind Body Medicine Skills Program." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. doi:10.1093/ecam/neq039. (2011).
- Eshkevari L, Egan R, Phillips D, Tilan J, Carney E, Azzam N, Amri H, Mulroney S.. "Acupuncture at ST36 prevents chronic stress-induced increases in neuropeptide Y in rat." Experimental Biology and Medicine. In press. (2011).
- Egan JR, Bergner LC, Hart CP, Cachat MJ, Canavello RP, Glasgow E, Amri H, Zukowska Z, Kalueff VA. "Understanding behavioral and physiological phenotypes of stress and anxiety in zebrafish." Behavioural Brain Research, 205(1): 38-44. 2009 205.1 (2009): 38-44.
- Rees C, Wearn AM, Dennis I, Amri H, and Greenfield S.. "Medical students’ attitudes to complementary and alternative medicine: further validation of the IMAQ and findings from an international longitudinal study." Medical Teacher. 29 (2009): 1-8.
- Abu-Asab M, Chaouchi M, and Amri H. . "Evolutionary Medicine: A Meaningful Connection between Omics, Disease, and Treatment." Protemics: Clinical Applications. 2.2 (2008): 122-134.
- Abu-Asab M, Chaouchi M, and Amri H. "Phylogenetic Modeling of Heterogeneous Gene-Expression Microarray Data from Cancerous Specimens." Omics, Journal of Integrative Biology 12.3 (2008): 183-99.
- Trachtenberg R, Chaterji R, Amri H, Harazduk N, Lumpkin M, Gordon J, Haramati A.. "A large-sample survey of 1st and 2nd year US medical student attitudes toward Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the curriculum and in practice." Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 13.1 (2007): 30-35.
- Abu-Asab M, Chaouchi, M and Amri H.. "Phyloproteomics: what phylogenetic analysis reveals about serum proteomics.." J. Proteome Research. 5.9 (2006): 2236-40.
- MacLaughlin B.W. , Degenhardt B. , Pretner E. , Jonas B.W., Ives J, Kulawardane D.V., and Amri H.. "Effects of Homeopathic Preparations on Human Prostate Cancer Growth in Cellular and Animal Models." Integrative Cancer therapies 5.4 (2006): 362-372.
- Pretner E, Amri H, Li W, Brown R.C, Lin C-S, Makariou E, DeFeudis F.V, Drieu K and Papadopoulos V.. "Cancer-Related Overexpression of the Peripheral-Type Benzodiazepine Receptor and Cytostatic Anticancer Effects of Ginkgo biloba Extract (EGb 761)." Anticancer Research 26 (2006): 9-22.
Articles in books
- Amri H, Abu-Asab M, Ives J, and Jonas W.. "Laboratory Research and Biomarkers.." Clinical Research in CAM: Standards, Quality, and Applications. Ed. Lewith G, Jonas W, and Wallach H. : Elsevier Ltd, 2011: 73-98
- Amri H, Micozzi MS. "Psychoneuroimmunology: Therapeutic Uses of Neurohumoral Mechanisms." Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Ed. Micozzi MS. : Churchill Livingstone. 4th Edition, 2011: 97-105
- Amri H, Abu-Asab M. . "The Physiology of Qi." Energy Medicine East and West: a Natural History of Qi. Ed. Mayor D and Micozzi MS. : Churchill Livingstone, 2011: 141-150
- Canavello P. Cachat J, Beeson E, Laffoon AL, Grimes C, Haymore W, Elegante MF, Bartels BK, Hart PC, Elkhayat LI, Tien DH, Mohnot S, Amri H, Kalueff A.. "Measuring endocrine (cortisol) responses of zebrafish to stress." Zebrafish Neurobehavioral Protocols. Series: Neuromethods.. Ed. Kalueff A. : Springer, 2011.
- Amri H, Micozzi MS. "Psychoneuroimmunology: Therapeutic Uses of Neurohumoral Mechanisms." Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Ed. Micozzi MS. : Churchill Livingstone, USA. Third Edition, 2006: 271-279