Andrew J Sobanet
Department of French
- Andrew Sobanet. Jail Sentences: Representing Prison in Twentieth-Century French Fiction. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2008.
Articles in journals
- Andrew Sobanet. "L’Homme que nous aimons le plus: French Intellectuals Celebrate Stalin’s 70th Birthday." French Forum 40.2&3 (2015): 47-66.
- Andrew Sobanet. "Henri Barbusse: Official Biographer of Joseph Stalin." French Cultural Studies (2013).
- Andrew Sobanet. "Elle s’appelait Sarah and the Limits of Postwar Witnessing and Memory." Journal of War and Culture Studies 6.2 (2013): 127-140.
- Andrew Sobanet. "From the Page to the Screen: Michel Mitrani’s Les Guichets du Louvre." South Central Review 28.2 (2011): 80-100.
- Andrew Sobanet. "A Return to the Soil: René Barjavel’s Pétainist Utopia." French Forum (2007).
- Andrew Sobanet. "Wartime Collaboration and Postwar Judgment in Lacombe Lucien and The Sorrow and the Pity." Contemporary French Civilization (2007).
- Andrew Sobanet, Susan Terrio. "Silence in the Court and Testimony Behind Bars: Juvenile Defendants and the French Judicial System." French Cultural Studies (2005).
- Andrew Sobanet. "From Wedding Chapels to German Castles: Politicized Interview Sites in The Sorrow and the Pity." Contemporary French Civilization (2005).
- Andrew Sobanet. "Ideology and Fictional Construction: Victor Serge’s Les Hommes dans la prison." Romance Quarterly (2003).
Articles in books
- Andrew Sobanet. "Tocqueville in Louisiana." Perspectives Créoles. Ed. Jean-Max Guieu and Amadou Koné. New Orleans: Presses Universitaires du Nouveau Monde, 2007: 75-88
- Andrew Sobanet. "Victor Serge." Columbia History of 20th-Century French Thought. Ed. Lawrence D. Kritzman. New York: Columbia University Press, 2005.
Articles in conference proceedings
- Andrew Sobanet. "Penology, Autobiography, and Fiction: The Prison Novel as Interdisciplinary Sub-Genre." Prison Writings. Ed. Danine Farquharson. Oxford: The Interdisciplinary Press, 2003.
- Special issue of Contemporary French and Francophone Studies: Sites. Vol 13, Issue 4 (2009). Eds. Andrew Sobanet, Roger Celestin, Eliane DalMolin.
- Special issue of Contemporary French Civilization. Vol XXXI, no. 2 (2007). France 1940-1944: The Ambiguous Legacy. Eds. Andrew Sobanet, Denis Provencher.
- Revisiting The Sorrow and the Pity: An Interview with Marcel Ophuls, in Contemporary French Civilization, Special Issue, France 1940-44, The Ambiguous Legacy.