Alan C Tidwell
Professor in the Practice and Director of CANZPS
School of Foreign Service (SFS)
- Alan Tidwell. Conflict Resolved? A Critical Assessment of Conflict Resolution. London: Continuum, 1998.
Articles in journals
- Tidwell, Alan. "The role of ‘diplomatic lobbying’ in shaping US foreign policy and its effects on the Australia–US relationship." Australian Journal of International Affairs (2016).
- Pollmann, Erika, Tidwell, Alan. "Australia’s submarine technology cooperation with Japan as burden-sharing with the USA in the Asia-Pacific." Australian Journal of International Affairs 69.4 (2015): 394-413.
- Alan Tidwell and Charles Lerche. "Globalization and Conflict Resolution." International Journal of Peace Studies 9.1 (2004): 47-59.
- Alan Tidwell. "Conflict, Peace and Education – A Tangled Web." Conflict Resolution Quarterly 21.4 (2004).
- Peter McGraw and Alan Tidwell. "Teaching Group Process Skills to MBA Students: A Short Workshop." Education and Training 3.3 (1999).
- Alan Tidwell. "When Trust Fails: The Black Hawk Accident." Australian Journal of Professional and Applied Ethics 1.1 (1999).
- Alan Tidwell. "It’s the Process that Counts: Professionalising Mediation in New South Wales." Elaw: The Murdoch University Electronic Journal of Law 6.2 (1999).
- Alan Tidwell. "The Emerging Profession of Mediation in Australia," ." Professional Ethics 6.3/4 (1998): 185-198.
- Alan Tidwell. "The Role of Workplace Conflict in Occupational Health and Safety." Journal for Occupational Health and Safety - Australia and New Zealand 14.6 (1998): 587-592.
- Alan Tidwell. "Problem Solving for One." Mediation Quarterly 14.4 (1997).
- Alan Tidwell. "Handling Disputes in Cyberspace." Australian Dispute Resolution Journal 7.3 (1996): 245-248.
- Alan Tidwell. "Not Effective Communication, but Effective Persuasion." Mediation Quarterly 12.1 (1994).
- Alan Tidwell. "Conflict, Pragmatism, and Organisational Conflict." Australian Dispute Resolution Journal 4.1 (1993).
- Alan Tidwell. "The Ashes of Conflict Resolution." Peace Review (1993).
Articles in books
- Pamela Aall, Jeffrey Helsing and Alan Tidwell. "Peace Education." Peacemaking in International Conflict, . Ed. William Zartman. Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace, 2008.
- Alan Tidwell. "What Happens When Nationalism Fails: Anti-Americanism in the Philippines." Anti-Americanism. Ed. Brendon O’Connor. Oxford: Greenwood Press, 2007.
- Andrew Heys and Alan Tidwell. "Resolving Regional Conflict." Negotiating the Pacific Century. Ed. Roger Bell, Tim McDonald, and Alan Tidwell. Sydney: Allen and Unwin, 1996.
- Alan Tidwell. "The New Asia and American Policy." Negotiating the Pacific Century. Ed. Roger Bell, Tim McDonald, and Alan Tidwell. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 1996.
- Alan Tidwell. "Australian-American Relations in the Post-Cold War Era." Towards an Era of Cooperation: An Indo-Australian Dialogue. Ed. Dipankar Banerjee. Delhi: Institute for Defence and Strategic Analysis, 1995.
- Alan Tidwell, Barry Scott Zellen, ed. Land, Indigenous Peoples and Conflict. London: Routledge, 2015.
- Brian Corbitt, Elaine Lawrence, John Lawrence and Alan Tidwell, ed. Internet Commerce: Digital Models for Business. Brisbane: Jacaranda Wiley, 1998.
- Roger Bell, Tim McDonald, Alan Tidwell, ed. Negotiating the Pacific Century. Sydney: Allen-Unwin, 1996.
- Alan Tidwell. "Managing Workplace Conflict: Alternative Dispute Resolution." Journal of Industrial Relations 48 (2006): 717-718.
- Alan Tidwell. "Michael Hudson and Leo Hawkins (1997) Negotiating employee relations: How to negotiate successfully in the new workplace environment:." Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources 37 (1999): 108-109.
- Alan Tidwell, ed. "Proceedings from the Future of the Australian-American Alliance." 1995. Sydney: Australian Centre for American Studies.
- Tidwell, Alan, “Questions on Conflict Analysis and Peacebuilding,” Discussion Paper, State, Society and Governance in Melanesia, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University, 2002/03..
- Tidwell, Alan, "Pax-Australiana," Australian Centre for American Studies, Discussion Paper, Number 2, 1994.